Hi,

I am working on v2 apis for managing alias properties as part of SOLR-16393.

I have a confusion I would love to clarify with the community related to an
existing test (AliasIntegrationTest) that deletes an alias property.
My understanding is that setting a property to 'empty string' will
effectively remove it. So what happens when a property is set to null?

What is the expectation for the following? The test currently lacks any
assertions [0].
    var setAliasProperty =
CollectionAdminRequest.setAliasProperty(aliasName);
    setAliasProperty.addProperty("bar", null);

My feeling was that setting it to null will remove it, but that does not
seem to be the case [1], it seems to not change it at all.

best,
alex

[0]
https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/a2a39fb136a9338f4603748bf446038cf4155296/solr/core/src/test/org/apache/solr/cloud/AliasIntegrationTest.java#L301