Thanks for moving this along!   This is a good step in the right direction.

I hope that we get more source code validation at some point so that we don't
need to constantly remind folks "We follow the Google Java Format" ;-).

One thought….   If I set my IntelliJ to use the
https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8527-google-java-format
<https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8527-google-java-format> plugin,  will it
start changing the formats of my code and make diffs hard again?