I maintain my +1 vote, as it is by design to allow full access, even arbitrary
plugin code upload, by users with config-edit permission and in unprotected
Solr instances.
I do support discussing new defaults to some of these setting, but that can
happen in the open for a future release, no rush as this is by definition not a
bug or vulnerability.

Jan