I didn't include the collection name in my abbreviated URL, but it is
a required parameter on DELETEREPLICA requests, yep.

Historically, DELETEREPLICA is covered by the "collection-admin-edit"
predefined permission, which is usually given to admins.  Which is
consistent with our other cluster-topology-modifying APIs.  That
predefined permission isn't collection-scoped afaik, though users
should be able to define custom permissions that would be collection
scoped.

Of course, authorization around this API is necessary but not
sufficient from a safety standpoint.  It may or may not be a good idea
to let even authorized users nuke N replicas without specifying the
replica-type they want deleted, for instance.

Best,

Jason