> 17. mai 2023 kl. 15:35 skrev Gus Heck <gus.h...@gmail.com>:
>
> I suspect we could do without the webcrawl one too. Honestly these should
> only be considered for demonstration or extremely small installations, and
> anything not used in the tutorials could be cut IMHO.

Agree, I commented the same a few days ago on the PR:
https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/1634#issuecomment-1549574758

I'm not necessarily against moving the tool to bin/solr, but at the same time,
perhaps it would be easier to label it as a dev or non-production tool by
keeping it as bin/post (but with the new Java backend, so it also works for
windows)?

Ishan, you did not give an argument for why you believe bin/post should go
away. Do you feel it is better to document all the cURL commands to be more
"standard"? I can buy such an argument for the simple use case of posting one
file, as it will also teach the user how the API works. But as a dev tool for
quickly ingesting a bunch of sample docs into Solr, I still think bin/post has
a place, unless we can point people to some similar 3rd party tool?

Jan