Yeah, the -u for credentials came out of Curl as well ;-).  One less thing to
remember.

As far as -c, both AssertTool and PackageTool use that already as a short
option, so the same issue applies.   I worry that a lot of folks will learn the
-u user:password pattern, and then get caught by Assert and Package over time...