I’m okay with /api….

I suspect by the time we do a v3..  well, It’s a completely new way of
interacting with things….
        /graph?
        /virtual_reality_instructions?
        /chatbot?q=split the latest the shards that are too big for me with no
downtime

> On Dec 8, 2023, at 9:13 AM, Jason Gerlowski <gerlowsk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Personally I like "/v2".  It's more "future-proof" than "/api", since it
> acknowledges that we may want a "v3" someday.  But in practice that day is
> likely so far off that it's probably not a big deal either way.  And I
> think in some past discussions about this, "/api" was a mostly unanimous
> consensus.  Which is why I've been using it in docs, etc.
>
> (I wish I could find that discussion; I can't remember what the motivations
> were...)
>
> "/v2" isn't deprecated (yet), but I think that route makes sense if there's
> still consensus on "/api".  Hopefully that's do-able despite some of the
> Jetty-filter level challenges Gus mentioned.
>
> Jason
>
> On Thu, Dec 7, 2023 at 11:31 PM Gus Heck <gus.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think you will find that this is necessary to avoid /solr/api since all
>> the code lives under the /solr web app (and has to go throuh
>> SolrDispatchFilter). This sort of thing is why I would someday like to pick
>> apart our uber-swiss-army-kinfe-filter (SolrDispatchFilter) and make a
>> series of filters. Then the appropriate ones could be re-used around a
>> servlet deployed next to /solr called /api...
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/b14505c19a76e833734dc0c75febc3601f633e37/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/servlet/SolrDispatchFilter.java#L427
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 7, 2023 at 10:06 PM David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> While looking at our jett.xml, I noticed some rewrite rules including a
>>> "/v2/*" mapping.
>>>

>> https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/b14505c19a76e833734dc0c75febc3601f633e37/solr/server/etc/jetty.xml#L142C35-L142C35
>>>
>>> Is this considered a deprecated URL pattern for V2 which is now at "/api"
>>> if I recall correctly?  If so, should we remove this in main (Solr 10)?
>>> quick look in JIRA and I couldn't find the umbrella issue to try and
>> answer
>>> this.  I looked at
>>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SIP-16%3A+Polish+and+Prepare+v2+APIs+for+v1+Deprecation
>>> and it doesn't mention "/v2" or "/api".
>>>
>>> I searched the ref guide and see only one page referencing "/v2" --
>>> task-management.adoc
>>>
>>> ~ David
>>>

>> --
>> http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
>> https://a.co/d/b2sZLD9 (my fantasy fiction book)

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> |
My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
<https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether
attachments are marked as such.