To save folks some clicking around, and to provide a little more detail,
here are a few links.

   - The first step was to refactor/replace QueryTimeoutImpl: PR
   https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/2237.
   - Building on that will be Andrzej's PR

https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/2244/commits/7984fba7c6fb99853c89e69c093584487a5201de
   - The Parent ticket is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-17138
   - Ticket for my refactoring
   - Ticket for the new CPU limit implementation by Andrzej

It would be nice to have additional eyes on the refactor, including removal
of SolrTimeoutImpl, and use/changes to SolrRequestInfo.

The current PR's pass all tests, and are nearing readiness for merging.

-Gus