I like the "catch-all jira per released Solr version" idea, as something to try
out for a release or two and then see if/how it works for us or not as the case
may be.

Christine

From: dev@solr.apache.org At: 03/24/24 10:54:09 UTCTo:  dev@solr.apache.org
Subject: Re: DISCUSS: Optionality of JIRA issues

I do like having a place where a discussion can be had on a code change.
Years later it helps. Also, some Jiras get comments or questions long after
the code has been merged.

If people find that it really slows them down to create a jira, we can
create a catch-all jira per released Solr version, referenced by all PR’s
that would like no jira. Whoever references that jira will have to think
twice and might decide it makes more sense to create a specific jira
instead.

Ilan