I wanted to share a diagram more widely that I’ve shared with some folks, but
maybe not everyone, on where my head is with our approach to scaling Solr for
all of our users.

Since images don’t go through, you have to click this public Miro link ;-).

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lm8BmXE=/?moveToWidget=3458764558006503531&cot=14

I think that we have to figure out how to move forward with new ideas to
maintain the vibrancy and vitality of our project.  We have to be open to new
ideas and new approaches, while still being able to bring along our user base.
 This diagram has been helpful to me in terms of thinking about “what
capabilities does Solr need” for various parts of our user base.   I’m very
open to new ideas that take us beyond “SolrCloud”..   Is it time for the
successor to that approach?  Moving to an approach where you can run your
simple setups, but also fairly seamlessly have that scale up to the Cloud
Native scale?   Without, as a user going through massive conceptual jumps and
hurdles?

Eric

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> |
My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
<https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether
attachments are marked as such.