> A script to use git commit data to help create CHANGES entries (or look
> for CHANGES entries that are missing credit) seems like a good sanity
> check to ensuring nothing trivial is overlooked in CHANGES.

That's an interesting idea. Not to add CHANGES entries for the smallest
ref-guide typo.
Most PRs that link to a JIRA should be significant enough to have a CHANGES, so
if we enumerate all commits with JIRA links, and all CHANGES entries wil JIRA
link,
then highlighting the diff would help the RM complete CHANGES and also find
missing
contributors. I like pet projects like this, perhaps I find some spare time.

Jan