My understanding is that Lucene 10 is likely to be released this fall, and I
know I'd like to see Solr 10 come out close to when Lucene 10 comes out so we
don't fall behind....   So maybe there won't be many more releases of 9?  9.8
maybe?  but not a 9x line that gets into the double digits on the minor version?

    On Tuesday, August 13, 2024 at 04:54:59 PM EDT, Christos Malliaridis
<c.malliari...@gmail.com> wrote:

 > It's not just that.

Indeed, I saw that you also added spotless and tidy to the gradle build
files and provided a gradle plugin for the dependency checks. I definitely
and unintentionally talked down your work in that PR, sorry for that.

I started a couple weeks ago a migration without knowing that there was a
similar move in Lucene, until David mentioned the Lucene PR. So I applied
most of the changes on top of mine and have almost finished the migration.
I just fail on some dependency resolution constraints that probably need to
be provided manually. I would appreciate any input on that (I'll create a
draft PR soon).

> We might want to delay such a change for another release or so in order for
dependency backports to 9 to go smoothly.  There's no hurry.

Definitely. I just wanted to confirm the plans and share my current
progress in case it is the way to go, which looks like it. I'll file an
issue then so that we can keep track of that. Introducing the migration in
Solr 10 sounds also like the right moment to me.