In the section on "Arguments and Flags" in
https://clig.dev/#arguments-and-flags, they suggestion that --version is for
Version.  And that due to the confusion of -v for Version or Verbose, to use -d
and --debug and skip the verbose concept completely.

 I think the --version would only apply to bin/solr, and maybe it would be
worth removing "bin/solr version" as a seperate sub-command, since it is
confusing with the "bin/solr --version" command.

There was thought about extending the "version" command to providing more
information about solr...    Like interorogating the running Solr and telling
you lots of stuff...   maybe at that point we go with "bin/solr information" as
a command or osmething like that.  "bin/solr probe"?
Then we move to -d for debug?  And drop "-v" all together?

    On Friday, September 6, 2024 at 03:15:56 PM EDT, Houston Putman