A draft of the release highlights:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/SOLR/pages/421958427/ReleaseNote9_11_0

Note: I made all judgments on what to include, but AI summarized the
text.  90% of the items came from "Added" (i.e. opt-in).  Despite many
bugs, I chose to include perhaps only one.  In previous releases, I
found it easier to reduce the number of items, but here I think there
are a lot of interesting new capabilities, so the summary is longer
than normal.  It's been a long time, after all ;-)

After my AI session, I had it generate a prompt for other RMs to use:
--------
I want to turn a Solr changelog into a summary for our Confluence
wiki. Here's the process:

1. Read the changelog file at changelog/vX.Y.Z/version-summary.md.
2. Go section by section (Added, Changed, Fixed, Deprecated, Removed,
Other). For each section, list every entry as a numbered item with a
short paraphrase (don't just copy the raw line) — strip JIRA/PR links
and author names from what you show me, I only need the gist.
3. Ask me which item numbers to include before summarizing. Expect
most picks to come from Added, with only a handful from the other
sections.
4. For the items I pick, write summary bullets:
   - No JIRA/PR issue references, no people/author names.
   - No links, no markdown formatting (no bold, no inline code
backticks, no headers) — plain text throughout, since this will end up
published on the website and in email, not just Confluence (which is
only a temporary collaboration space).
   - Name the pertinent Solr component/class/setting in each bullet
where possible, since people will search for it by name.
   - Be concise — assume people are reading this in a hurry.
   - Aggregate/combine related items into a single bullet where it
makes sense, rather than one bullet per item.
5. Once all sections are reviewed, merge everything into ONE flat
bulleted list — do not keep it grouped/labeled by
Added/Changed/Fixed/etc. Sort that final list by broad theme (e.g.
querying/search features together, indexing together, admin/ops
together, security together, etc.).
6. Show me the draft, let me correct wording/grouping/order before finalizing.
7. Once approved, output the bullets as a plain bulleted list and copy
them to the clipboard (pbcopy) rather than just printing them.
8. Move to the next section only when I say so; don't produce the
final merged/sorted list until all sections have been reviewed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to