On 2/6/2014 5:23 PM, John Hardin wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Axb wrote:

On 02/06/2014 09:55 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
 On 2/6/2014 1:10 PM, John Hardin wrote:
>  On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Axb wrote:
> > >  On 02/06/2014 06:05 PM, Apache Jenkins Server wrote:
> > > See <https://builds.apache.org/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/9383/changes>
> >  Done.
> >  Can you wait until the weekend to start cleaning stuff up?

+1 though until after Tuesday's launch? Sorry to put a hurdle in front
 of the clean up.

I was planning to wait for the next "sandbox rules report" anyway....

Been doing it slowly, trying not to break too much at once.

And I will start cleaning up my inter-sandbox dependencies this weekend. That shouldn't break anything, though.

Question: if several contributors have the same rule in use in their sandboxes after this cleanup, do we want per-contributor naming? Or is that an indication that the rule should be made "permanent"?

Hmm, I use the initials so someone knows I wrote the rule. I'm not a big fan of this copying rules from other sandboxes but I support AXB's overall goal to clean things up and make masscheck more efficient. But copying my rule and putting your initials in front of it will mess up my system as well as likely irk rule authors.

Right now, the premise of sandbox really isn't a sandbox because rules promoted are not moved out of the sandbox. I think we need something that can move or at least identify promoted rules in the sandbox files.

And if someone is using sandbox to generate rules outside the SA Project, that's not very kosher and needs to stop.

Beyond that, I'll document my next evolution of rules in another email in a minute that touches nicely on the subject.

Regards,
KAM