On Wed, 30 Jul 2014, Axb wrote:

The concept of this rule just tells me that it's wrong..

meta __TO_NO_BRKTS_MSFT __TO_NO_ARROWS_R && !__TO_UNDISCLOSED && (__ANY_OUTLOOK_MUA || __MIMEOLE_MS)

As I said, it's based on the assumption that MSFT codes to standards, i.e. their tools *will* put a space between the name part and the address part, where spammers are sloppy.

If that assumption no longer holds true (or, no longer holds true in the majority of cases) then the rule should either have its limit reduced (as I've done) or is no longer useful. Masscheck results seem to indicate it *does* still have value.

welcome to 2014

where is the exception for that? .-)

and if you add it so what? even more bloat...

I'm not too worried about adding metas, they are dirt cheap compared to regular expressions.

  Look at the people at the top of both efforts. Linus Torvalds is a
  university graduate with a CS degree. Bill Gates is a university
  dropout who bragged about dumpster-diving and using other peoples'
  garbage code as the basis for his code. Maybe that has something to
  do with the difference in quality/security between Linux and
  Windows.                           -- anytwofiveelevenis on Y! SCOX
 6 days until the 279th anniversary of John Peter Zenger's acquittal