Github user pwendell commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/33#issuecomment-36315155

    Hey Tom,

    This patch is looking really great. I took a pretty thorough look through
this and there were really only two high level things:

    1. Configuration. The model we've move towards is that a SparkContext is
configured by a SparkConf and that Conf is used to configure all components.
For the master/worker they each instantiate a conf as well. It would be good if
instead of system properties and environment variables, a security manager
takes a SparkConf on initialization. And other parts of the code use SparkConf
as well. If it seems like this isn't possible anywhere, let me know, that might
represent a shortfall in the current design of SparkConf.

    2. Default behavior and logging. Thinking a bit about environments less
homogeneous than Yahoo, we should try to minimize the potential for confusion
and mistakes when configuring security. So I was thinking maybe if users, e.g.,
don't set spark secret we should throw an exception, and suggested logging more
detail about the security set-up at info level.

    Some other smaller comments as well.

---
with INFRA.
---