Andy,

Yeah, we've thought of deploying this on Marathon ourselves, but we're
not sure how much Mesos we're going to use yet.   (Indeed if you look
at bin/server_start.sh, I think I set up the PORT environment var
specifically for Marathon.)    This is also why we have deploy scripts
which package into .tar.gz, again for Mesos deployment.

If you do try this, please let us know.  :)

-Evan

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM, andy petrella <andy.petre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> tadaaaa! That's awesome.
>
> A quick question, does someone has insights regarding having such
> JobServers deployed using Marathon on Mesos?
>
> I'm thinking about an arch where Marathon would deploy and keep the Job
> Servers running along with part of the whole set of apps deployed on it
> regarding the resources needed (à la Jenkins).
>
> Any idea is welcome.
>
> Back to the news, Evan + Ooyala team: Great Job again.
>
> andy
>
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Henry Saputra
> <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> W00t!
>>
>> Thanks for releasing this, Evan.
>>
>> - Henry
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Evan Chan <e...@ooyala.com> wrote:
>> > Dear Spark developers,
>> >
>> > Ooyala is happy to announce that we have pushed our official, Spark
>> > 0.9.0 / Scala 2.10-compatible, job server as a github repo:
>> >
>> > https://github.com/ooyala/spark-jobserver
>> >
>> > Complete with unit tests, deploy scripts, and examples.
>> >
>> > The original PR (#222) on incubator-spark is now closed.
>> >
>> > Please have a look; pull requests are very welcome.
>> > --
>> > --
>> > Evan Chan
>> > Staff Engineer