> Is the migration from Jenkins to Travis finished?

It is not finished and really at this point it is only something we are
considering, not something that will happen for sure.  We turned it on in
addition to Jenkins so that we could start finding issues exactly like the
ones you described below to determine if Travis is going to be a viable
option.

Basically it seems to me that the Travis environment is a little less
predictable (probably because of virtualization) and this is pointing out
some existing flakey-ness in the tests

If there are tests that are regularly flakey we should probably file JIRAs
so they can be fixed or switched off.  If you have seen a test fail 2-3
times and then pass with no changes, I'd say go ahead and file an issue for
it (others should feel free to chime in if we want some other process here)

A few more specific comments inline below.

> 2. hive/test usually aborted because it doesn't output anything within 10
> minutes

Hmm, this is a little confusing.  Do you have a pointer to this one?  Was
there any other error?

> 4. hive/test didn't finish in 50 minutes, and was aborted

Here I think the right thing to do is probably break the hive tests in two
and run them in parallel.  There is already machinery for doing this, we
just need to flip the options on in the travis.yml to make it happen.  This
is only going to get more critical as we whitelist more hive tests.  We
also talked about checking the PR and skipping the hive tests when there
have been no changes in catalyst/sql/hive.  I'm okay with this plan, just
need to find someone with time to implement it....