Hey All,

Just a heads up, we'll cut branch-1.1 on this Friday, August 1st. Once
the release branch is cut we'll start community QA and go into the
normal triage process for merging patches into that branch.

For Spark core, we'll be conservative in merging things past the
freeze date (e.g. high priority fixes) to ensure a healthy amount of
time for testing. A key focus of this release in core is improving
overall stability and resilience of Spark core.

As always, I'll encourage of committers/contributors to help review
patches this week to so we can get as many things in as possible.
People have been quite active recently, which is great!

Good luck!
- Patrick