I formatted this report using Markdown; I'm open to changing the structure
or formatting or reducing the amount of information to make the report more
easily consumable.

Regarding just sending links or whether this would just be mailing list
noise, those are a good questions.

I've sent out links before, but I feel from a UX perspective having the
information right in the email itself makes it frictionless for people to
act on the information. For me, that difference is enough to hook me into
spending a few minutes on JIRA vs. just glossing over an email with a link.

I wonder if that's also the case for others on this list.

If you already spend a good amount of time cleaning up on JIRA, then this
report won't be that relevant to you. But given the number and growth of
open issues on our tracker, I suspect we could do with quite a few more
people chipping in and cleaning up where they can.

That's the real problem that this report is intended to help with.

Nick