On 12/16/14, 11:42 PM, "Ewan Higgs" <ewan.hi...@ugent.be> wrote:

>Hi Tim,
>
>> On 16 Dec 2014, at 19:27, Tim Harsch <thar...@cray.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ewan,
>> Thanks, I think I was just a bit confused at the time, I was looking at
>> the spark-perf repo when there was the problem (uh.. ok)…
>>
>The PR that I am working on is indeed for spark-perf.
Yes but the example usage you gave, is for the code in ehiggs/spark (which
is where I got myself confused)

? git remote show origin
* remote origin
  Fetch URL: g...@github.com:ehiggs/spark.git
  Push  URL: g...@github.com:ehiggs/spark.git
…

? ll bin/run-example
-rwxr-xr-x  1 tharsch  513   2.1K Dec 11 21:02 bin/run-example

run-example is not in spark-perf, What is the expected usage, for the code
that is in spark-perf?  I’m hoping I’ll have time to run it later today,
so hopefully I will figure it out on my own.

>> …snip...
>>

>> I can get past this by setting hadoop.version to 2.5.0 in the parent
>>pom.
>>
>I wasn’t sure how to get this working across all the Hadoop versions so I
>made it work with 2.4.0 and above. If you have advice on back porting
>this then I’m happy to implement it.

I would like to try, hopefully I can find the time.

>NB, TeraValidate may not be functioning appropriately. If you have
>trouble with it, I recommend using the Hadoop version.

Thanks for the warning, I bet I could have banged my head on that for
hours.