Hi all,
Quick one: when reading files, are the orders of partitions guaranteed to be preserved? I am finding some weird behaviour where I run sortByKeys() on an RDD (which has 16 byte keys) and write it to disk. If I open a python shell and run the following:

for part in range(29):
print map(ord, open('/home/ehiggs/data/terasort_out/part-r-000{0:02}'.format(part), 'r').read(16))

Then each partition is in order based on the first value of each partition.

I can also call TeraValidate.validate from TeraSort and it is happy with the results. It seems to be on loading the file that the reordering happens. If this is expected, is there a way to ask Spark nicely to give me the RDD in the order it was saved?

This is based on trying to fix my TeraValidate code on this branch:
https://github.com/ehiggs/spark/tree/terasort

Thanks,
Ewan