Yes, I am running on a local file system.

Is there a bug open for this? Mingyu Kim reported the problem last April:
http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Spark-reads-partitions-in-a-wrong-order-td4818.html

-Ewan

On 01/16/2015 07:41 PM, Reynold Xin wrote:
You are running on a local file system right? HDFS orders the file based on names, but local file system often don't. I think that's why the difference.

We might be able to do a sort and order the partitions when we create a RDD to make this universal though.