Hi Mike,

I'm not aware of a "standard" big dataset, but there are a number available:
* The YearPredictionMSD dataset from the LIBSVM datasets is sizeable (in #
instances but not # features):
www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvmtools/datasets/regression.html
* I've used this text dataset from which one can generate lots of n-gram
features (but not many instances): http://www.ark.cs.cmu.edu/10K/
* I've seen some papers use the KDD Cup datasets, which might be the best
option I know of.  The KDD Cup 2012 track 2 one seems promising.

Good luck!
Joseph