Hi,

We plan to add a more comprehensive local linear algebra package for MLlib
1.4. This local linear algebra package can then easily be extended to
BlockMatrix to support the same operations in a distributed fashion.

You may find the JIRA to track this here: SPARK-6442
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-6442>

The design doc is here: http://goo.gl/sf5LCE

We would very much appreciate your feedback and input.

Best,
Burak