Hi Richard, those are messages reproduced from other projects' NOTICE
files, not created by Spark. They need to be reproduced in Spark's
NOTICE file to comply with the license, but their text may or may not
apply to Spark's distribution. The intent is that users would track
this back to the source project if interested to investigate what the
upstream notice is about.

Requirements vary by license, but I do not believe there is additional
requirement to reproduce these other files. Their license information
is already indicated in accordance with the license terms.

What licenses are you looking for in LICENSE that you believe should be there?

Getting all this right is both difficult and important. I've made some
efforts over time to strictly comply with the Apache take on
licensing, which is at http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html  It's
entirely possible there's still a mistake somewhere in here (possibly
a new dependency, etc). Please point it out if you see such a thing.

But so far what you describe is "working as intended", as far as I
know, according to Apache.