> I'm surprised you're suggesting there's not a coupling between a release's
> code and the docs for that release. If a release happens and some time
> later docs come out, that has some effect on people's usage.

I'm only suggesting that we shouldn't delay testing of the actual bits, or
wait to iterate on another RC.  Ideally docs should come out with the
actual release announcement (and I'll do everything in my power to make
this happen).  The should also be updated regularly as small issues are
found.

But if it can/will be fixed quickly, what's the hurry? I get it, people
> want a releases sooner than later all else equal, but this is always true.
> It'd be nice to talk about what behaviors have led to being behind schedule
> and this perceived rush to finish now, since this same thing has happened
> in 1.5, 1.4. I'd rather at least collect some opinions on it than
> invalidate the question.

I'm happy to debate concrete process suggestions on another thread.