Hey All,

While I'm not aware of any critical issues with 1.6.0, there are several
corner cases that users are hitting with the Dataset API that are fixed in
branch-1.6.  As such I'm considering a 1.6.1 release.

At the moment there are only two critical issues targeted for 1.6.1:
 - SPARK-12624 - When schema is specified, we should treat undeclared
fields as null (in Python)
 - SPARK-12783 - Dataset map serialization error

When these are resolved I'll likely begin the release process.  If there
are any other issues that we should wait for please contact me.

Michael