On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Michael Armbrust <mich...@databricks.com>
wrote:

> What about the memory leak bug?
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-11293
>> Even after the memory rewrite in 1.6.0, it still happens in some cases.
>> Will it be fixed for 1.6.1?
>>

> I think we have enough issues queued up that I would not hold the release
> for that, but if there is a patch we should try and review it.  We can
> always do 1.6.2 when more issues have been resolved.  Is this an actual
> issue that is affecting a production workload or are we concerned about an
> edge case?

The way we (Lynx Analytics) use RDDs, this affects almost everything we do
in production. Thankfully it does not cause any issues, it just logs a lot
of errors. I think the adverse effect may be that the memory manager does
not have a fully correct picture. But as long as the leak fits in the
"other" (unmanaged) memory fraction this will not cause issues. We don't
see this as an urgent issue. Thanks!