Hi,

I am currently working on deploying Spark on kuberentes (K8s) and it is
working fine. I am running Spark with standalone mode and checkpointing
the state to shared system. So if master fails K8s starts it and from
checkpoint it recover the earlier state and things just works fine. I
have an issue with the Spark master Web UI to access the worker and
application UI links. In brief, kubernetes service model allows me to
expose the master service to internet, but accessing the
application/workers UI is not possible as then I have to expose them too
individually and given I can have multiple application it becomes hard
to manage.

One solution can be that the master can act as reverse proxy to access
information/state/logs from application/workers. As it has the
information about their endpoint when application/worker register with
master, so when a user initiate a request to access the information,
master can proxy the request to corresponding endpoint.

So I am wondering if someone has already done work in this direction
then it would be great to know. If not then would the community will be
interesting in such feature. If yes then how and where I should get
started as it would be helpful for me to have some guidance to start
working on this.

Kind Regards,
Gurvinder