Hi Chris,

With my ASF member hat on...

Oh, come on, Chris. It's not "in violation of ASF policies"
whatsoever. Policies are for ASF developers not for users. Honestly, I
was surprised to read the note in Mark Hamstra's email. It's very
restrictive but it says about what committers and PMCs should do not
users:

"Do not include any links on the project website that might encourage
non-developers to download and use nightly builds, snapshots, release
candidates, or any other similar package."

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/