Hello Spark dev community,

I took this the following jira item
(https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/15848) and am looking for some general
pointers, it seems that I am running into issues where things work successfully
doing local development on my macbook pro but fail on jenkins for a multitiude
of reasons and errors, here's an example,  if you see this build output report:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins//job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/69297/ you
will see the DataFrameStatSuite, now locally I am running these individual
tests with this command: ./build/mvn test -P... -DwildcardSuites=none
-Dtest=org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameStatSuite.     It seems that I need to
emulate a jenkins like environment locally, this seems sort of like an
untenable hurdle, granted that my changes involve changing the total number of
workers in the sparkcontext and if so should I be testing my changes in an
environment that more closely resembles jenkins.  I really want to work
on/complete this PR but I keep getting hamstrung by a dev environment that is
not equivalent to our CI environment.

I'm guessing/hoping I'm not the first one to run into this so some insights.
pointers to get past this would be very appreciated , would love to keep
contributing and hoping this is a hurdle that's overcomeable with some tweaks
to my dev environment.

Thanks in advance.