Hello,

Hive needs a spark assembly to execute the HoS tests.
Until now…this assembly have been downloaded from an S3 bucket - because this is not the best solution available, it sometimes causes troubles and inconveniences...

We had a discussion about improving this; and the best option would be to download spark-without-hive assembly from the maven repository...but that opens up a few questions:

1) which project should publish it: Hive or Spark?
2) what should be the group-id? this artifact is only needed for Hive...but it contains Spark code! :) so its in some kind of grey zone... 3) how will we be able to get a spark-without-hive artifact for 2.0.0 - since that version is already released?

for more details:

What do you guys think?

cheers,
Zoltan