That doesn't necessarily follow, Jacek. There is a point where too frequent
releases decrease quality. That is because releases don't come for free --
each one demands a considerable amount of time from release managers,
testers, etc. -- time that would otherwise typically be devoted to
improving (or at least adding to) the code. And that doesn't even begin to
consider the time that needs to be spent putting a new version into a
larger software distribution or that users need to put in to deploy and use
a new version. If you have an extremely lightweight deployment cycle, then
small, quick releases can make sense; but "lightweight" doesn't really
describe a Spark release. The concern for excessive overhead is a large
part of the thinking behind why we stretched out the roadmap to allow
longer intervals between scheduled releases. A similar concern does come
into play for unscheduled maintenance releases -- but I don't think that
that is the forcing function at this point: A 2.1.1 release is a good idea.