Yeah, that's maybe the issue here. This is a source release, not a git
checkout, and it still needs to work in this context.

I just added -Pkubernetes to my build and didn't do anything else. I think
the ideal is that a "mvn -P... -P... install" to work from a source
release; that's a good expectation and consistent with docs.

Maybe these tests simply don't need to run with the normal suite of tests,
and can be considered tests run manually by developers running these
scripts? Basically, KubernetesSuite shouldn't run in a normal mvn install?

I don't think this has to block the release even if so, just trying to get
to the bottom of it.