Hi everyone,

In the last DSv2 sync, the consensus was that the table metadata SPIP was
ready to bring up for a vote. Now that the multi-catalog identifier SPIP
vote has passed, I'd like to start one for the table metadata API,
TableCatalog.

The proposal is for adding a TableCatalog interface that will be used by v2
plans. That interface has methods to load, create, drop, alter, refresh,
rename, and check existence for tables. It also specifies the set of
metadata used to configure tables: schema, partitioning, and key-value
properties. For more information, please read the SPIP proposal doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLFiA1VuaWeVxeTDXNg8bL6GP3BVoOZBkewFtEnjEoo/edit#heading=h.m45webtwxf2d>
.

Please vote in the next 3 days.

[ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official SPIP
[ ] +0
[ ] -1: I don't think this is a good idea because ...

Thanks!

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer