+1 (non-binding)

From: Jamison Bennett <jamison.benn...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 8:28 AM
To: Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com>, Spark Dev List <dev@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] SPIP: Spark API for Table Metadata

+1 (non-binding)

Jamison Bennett

Cloudera Software Engineer

jamison.benn...@cloudera.com

515 Congress Ave, Suite 1212   |   Austin, TX   |   78701

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:20 AM Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.invalid> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 8:34 PM Russell Spitzer <russell.spit...@gmail.com>
wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019, 6:28 PM Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.invalid> wrote:

Hi everyone,

In the last DSv2 sync, the consensus was that the table metadata SPIP was ready
to bring up for a vote. Now that the multi-catalog identifier SPIP vote has
passed, I'd like to start one for the table metadata API, TableCatalog.

The proposal is for adding a TableCatalog interface that will be used by v2
plans. That interface has methods to load, create, drop, alter, refresh,
rename, and check existence for tables. It also specifies the set of metadata
used to configure tables: schema, partitioning, and key-value properties. For
more information, please read the SPIP proposal doc [docs.google.com].

Please vote in the next 3 days.

[ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official SPIP

[ ] +0

[ ] -1: I don't think this is a good idea because ...

Thanks!

--

Ryan Blue

Software Engineer