Yes Shane Knapp has done the work for that already,  and also tests pass, I
am working on a PR now, I could submit it for the 2.4 branch .
I understand that this is a major dependency update, but the problem I see
is that the client version is so old that I dont think it makes
much sense for current users who are on k8s 1.10, 1.11 etc(
https://github.com/fabric8io/kubernetes-client#compatibility-matrix, 3.0.0
does not even exist in there).
I dont know what it means to use that old version with current k8s clusters
in terms of bugs etc.