There's only one other item on my radar, which is considering updating
Jackson to 2.9 in branch-2.4 to get security fixes. Pros: it's come up
a few times now that there are a number of CVEs open for 2.6.7. Cons:
not clear they affect Spark, and Jackson 2.6->2.9 does change Jackson
behavior non-trivially. That said back-porting the update PR to 2.4
worked out OK locally. Any strong opinions on this one?