Re shading - same argument I’ve made earlier today in a PR...

(Context- in many cases Spark has light or indirect dependencies but bringing
them into the process breaks users code easily)

________________________________
From: Michael Heuer <heue...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:41 AM
To: Reynold Xin
Cc: Sean Owen; Michael Armbrust; Ryan Blue; Spark Dev List; Wenchen Fan; Xiao Li
Subject: Re: Spark 2.4.2

+100

On Apr 18, 2019, at 1:48 AM, Reynold Xin
<r...@databricks.com<mailto:r...@databricks.com>> wrote:

We should have shaded all Spark’s dependencies :(

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 11:47 PM Sean Owen
<sro...@gmail.com<mailto:sro...@gmail.com>> wrote:
For users that would inherit Jackson and use it directly, or whose
dependencies do. Spark itself (with modifications) should be OK with
the change.
It's risky and normally wouldn't backport, except that I've heard a
few times about concerns about CVEs affecting Databind, so wondering
who else out there might have an opinion. I'm not pushing for it
necessarily.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 6:18 PM Reynold Xin