To me this looks like refactoring of DS1 JDBC to enable user provided
connection factories. In itself a good change, but IMO not DSV2 related.

I created a JIRA and added some goals. Please comments/add as relevant.

JIRA for DataSourceV2 API based JDBC connector.

Goals :

   - Generic connector based on JDBC that supports all databases (min bar
   is support for all V1 data bases).
   - Reference implementation and Interface for any specialized JDBC
   connectors.

Regards,
Shiv