From: Shiv Prashant Sood <shivprash...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 2:59 AM
To: Gabor Somogyi <gabor.g.somo...@gmail.com>
Cc: Xianyin Xin <xianyin....@alibaba-inc.com>, Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com>,
<gengliang.w...@databricks.com>, Spark Dev List <dev@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: JDBC connector for DataSourceV2

To me this looks like refactoring of DS1 JDBC to enable user provided
connection factories. In itself a good change, but IMO not DSV2 related.

I created a JIRA and added some goals. Please comments/add as relevant.

JIRA for DataSourceV2 API based JDBC connector.

Goals :
Generic connector based on JDBC that supports all databases (min bar is support
for all V1 data bases).
Reference implementation and Interface for any specialized JDBC connectors.

Regards,

Shiv