I'm fine with shifting to a stricter cadence-based schedule. Sometimes,
it'll mean some significant change misses a release rather than delays it.
If people are OK with that discipline, sure.
A hard 6-month cycle would mean the minor releases are more frequent and
have less change in them. That's probably OK. We could also decide to
choose a longer cadence like 9 months, but I don't know if that's better.
I assume maintenance releases would still be as-needed, and major releases
would also work differently - probably no 4.0 until next year at the
earliest.