As we noted in the last thread, this discussion should have been on private@
to begin with, but, the ship has sailed.

You are suggesting that non-PMC members vote on whether the PMC has to do
something? No, that's not how anything works here.
It's certainly the PMC that decides what to put in the board report, or
take action on behalf of the project.

This doesn't make sense here. Frankly, repeating this publicly without
relevant context, and avoiding the response you already got, is
inappropriate.

You may call a PMC vote on whether there's even an issue here, sure. If you
pursue it, you should explain specifically what the issue is w.r.t. policy,
and argue against the response you've already received.
We put valid issues in the board report, for sure. We do not include
invalid issues in the board report. That part needs no decision from anyone.