-1 for me

Do not change spark.sql.legacy.createHiveTableByDefault because:

   1. We have not had enough time to "DISCUSS" this matter. The discussion
   thread was opened almost 24 hours ago.
   2. Compatibility: Changing the default behavior could potentially break
   existing workflows or pipelines that rely on the current behavior. Many
   users may have scripts or applications that expect Hive tables to be
   created by default, and altering this behavior without careful
   consideration could lead to unexpected issues.
   3. User Experience: For users who are familiar with the current
   behavior, having Hive tables created by default may be more intuitive and
   convenient. Changing the default behavior could require users to modify
   their scripts or workflows, leading to confusion and productivity loss.
   4. Flexibility: Retaining the option to create Hive tables by default
   allows users to leverage the features and optimizations provided by the
   Hive metastore. While Spark native tables may offer certain advantages,
   there are use cases where Hive tables are preferred, such as integration
   with the existing Hive ecosystems or compatibility with other tools as I
   brought up in the "DISCUSS" thread.
   5. Many users have built workflows, scripts, or applications based on
   this behaviour, and any changes to it could impact their ability to
   effectively use Spark SQL in their data processing pipelines.

IMO, these reasons warrant the importance of carefully evaluating the
impact of changing the default behaviour.
Mich TalebzadehTechnologist | Architect | Data Engineer  | Generative AI |
FinCrime
London
United Kingdom

   view my Linkedin profile

 https://en.everybodywiki.com/Mich_Talebzadeh

*Disclaimer:* The information provided is correct to the best of my
knowledge but of course cannot be guaranteed . It is essential to note
that, as with any advice, quote "one test result is worth one-thousand
expert opinions (Werner  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>Von
Braun <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun>)".