+1, thank you for driving this release. Thanks, Cheng Pan
> On Sep 22, 2026, at 07:56, Szehon Ho <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi all, > > I'd like to start a discussion about releasing Apache Spark 4.2.1. > > I'm particularly interested in getting SPARK-59572 > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-59572> into 4.2.1. It fixes a > correctness issue introduced in 4.2.0 where failures to evaluate a DSv2 > PartitionPredicate can be treated as matches, leading to incorrect query > results. > > It's been over two months since Spark 4.2.0 was released in July. The changes > on branch-4.2 since 4.2.0 > <https://github.com/apache/spark/compare/v4.2.0...branch-4.2> now include 99 > PRs covering 97 JIRA issues. Besides SPARK-59572, these include correctness > and stability fixes across SQL, Core, Streaming, PySpark, and Kubernetes, > with several addressing storage-partitioned joins. > > I'm happy to volunteer to drive the release to learn the process! > > Would folks be in favor of moving forward with a 4.2.1 release? Are there any > other fixes or blockers we should address first? > > Thanks, > Szehon >
