Hey Henry,

Yep, I wanted to reboot this since some time has passed and people may
have new or changed ways of using the build.

Maven makes the Apache publishing fairly seamless, but after the last
two releases I believe we could make it work with sbt as well. sbt
also supports publishing and other Apache projects such as Kafka
publish with sbt.