I am not sure if this is resolved now - but maven was better at
building the assembly jars compared to sbt.
To the point where I stopped using sbt due to unpredictable order in
which it unjars the dependencies to create the assembled jar (we do
have quite a lot of conflicting classes in our dependency tree :-( ).
I dont know if this is an artifact of how we specify it in sbt
project, or something else ...

If this is still an issue, then using sbt only is a non starter.

Regards,
Mridul