Thanks Jarcec. Yes, I agree it is worth a mention that JobConf gives away
the password.
If they can somehow mitigate the JobConf "password in plaintext" glitch,
that should not be the end of world for them. I wanted them to evaluate the
way if at all it helps them.

Above all, Sqoop 2 is the best way out.

Thanks,
Abhijeet